(sometimes abbreviated to PK), is commonly confused with l’art du déplacement (English: the art of displacement) or sometimes freerunning. Parkour is a utilitarian discipline based upon the successful, swift and energy-efficient traversing of one’s surrounding environment via the practical application of self-taught techniques, based around the concept of self-preservation and the ability to help others. It is a non-competitive, physical discipline of French origin in which participants run along a route, attempting to negotiate obstacles in the most efficient way possible, using only their bodies. Skills such as jumping, climbing, vaulting, rolling and swinging are employed. Parkour can be practiced anywhere, but areas dense with obstacles are preferable, and it is most commonly practiced in urban areas. The usage and employment of flips into the named route does not constitute parkour.
Anything you would like to share about this topic? Any question? Firsthand experience, links, videos, tips?
Epigenetics is the study of inhereted changes in phenotypes where the actual DNA is not effected. This is particularly evident in the cell differentiation (where a stem cell becomes the cells we commonly recognise like bone or skin), where cells with the same DNA perform extremely different functions, and take on strikingly different characteristics.
So- if the theory behind epigenetics is true- then the idea of genetics has, perhaps, a fatal flaw. There’s more to disease inheritance and risk than just DNA.
Human Epigenome Consortium
Of course, this all relates to the United States.
- DHS (Department of Homeland Security) “biggest threat” to US democracy.
- Upcoming crisis in middle east, and current actions in the Koreas a “distraction” from China and Russia’s current situation.
- Current TSA practices and actions seem to lead to “police state”.
- Bank holiday (Nov 11) rumored to be used to “devalue” and “replace” the dollar, much like when Europe switched to the Euro.
- Embassies have moved out of the dollar, and into numerous currencies and gold.
- “Tax” on dollars spent/exchanges in other countries, tarrifs to be “expected”.
- “Mathematical certianty” the United States will go bankrupt. Countries tend to go bankrupt together, cancelling debt between each other.
- Will countries go back to gold backing? Perhaps not, with Federal Reserve talks to move to a global currency which is forbidden to be backed in gold.
- Dollar “dead” by 2010
- When Federal Reserve buys it’s own securities, it’s “all over”
- Oil–>$150 to $200/barrel; $4 to $5/gal by July?
- Gold–>$2000/oz by March?
- Pat down procedured revised to palm up, “groping”.
- New “aggressive” pat downs in government buildings. (schools, court, etc.)
- “There will be food and water, but you wont be able to buy them.
Lucid dreams are when you know you’re awake within a dream and are also able to control the dream. Some say it may be used as a method of self medication.
- The Committee of Sleep by Dierdre Barrett
- 4 sections of lucid dreaming
- How to become a lucid dreamer
- Frederik van Eeden and his experiments
Scope– international; intellectual and cultural; interdisciplinary
Supports– use of science and technology to improve human mental and physical characteristics and capacities
Thoughts– disability, suffering, disease, aging, and involuntary death as unnecessary and undesirable
How– biotech and other emerging technologies
What do you think, when you think transhumanism? Do you propose a different definition? Is there anything you would like to add?